Join the High School youth of Living Word at the SUMMIT. We’ll meet on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month. Each time we gather at the SUMMIT, we’ll eat together, play some exciting games, and grow together.
Why the SUMMIT? We believe that life is filled with ups and downs, but we also believe that our time with Jesus is the pinnacle of our lives. We gather for the highpoint of our week, but we can only get there together. Any journey to the SUMMIT requires community and teamwork. We’ll focus on growing together in Christ, so that when we come down from the mountain to live our day-to-day lives we’ll know that we have everything we need. The SUMMIT will help prepare us for the mountains and the valleys in life.
Who is welcome at the SUMMIT? All youth from 7th-12th grade are invited to attend. Bring a friend because all are welcome at the SUMMIT!
What happens at the SUMMIT? Each SUMMIT gathering will include food, fun and faith. Come hungry. Be ready to get plugged in. And prepared to be challenged.
When and where is the SUMMIT? We’ll meet on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month from 6pm-8pm! We’ll meet at Living Word unless otherwise indicated.
We meet 1st and 3rd Sundays at Living Word.
Our newest series at the SUMMIT is Hello My Name Is. There are so many things trying to put a name on us but which of them are right? Who is allowed to put labels and names on us? We will wrestle with self-image, peer pressure, past mistakes and general feelings of not good enough. Then we’ll discover who’s voice really matters in the loud shouts of life. Join us at the SUMMIT for more details.
One way to drown out the loud noise is to constantly hear God’s voice. Here are a few helpers:
- Phone or Tablet lock screen image. You should be able to download this image and save to your phone to set as a lock screen.
- Follow us on Instagram at @thesummitlw
- HEAR // If you’ve ever wondered what God sees when He looks at you, this verse is the answer. God considers each of us a beloved child of His. Even though we are incredibly unworthy of this relationship, God gives everyone who believes in Him the right to be counted as a child of God.
- LIVE // The goal of this life is to become more like Christ. Obviously, this is not an easy task that’s achieved overnight. But if we call ourselves Christians, this is still the standard we’re striving for. Live today like someone who is made in the image of God and who is becoming more like Him every single day.
- PRAY // Apart from Christ we are spiritually dead. This is a tough truth, but it’s one that we have all lived in. We were all once dead. BUT, by the grace of God, we have been saved from this death and offered new life in Jesus. Our identity has been solidified through Him. Pray and thank God for His grace and ask Him to show you how you can share His grace with those around you who need to hear it.
- TALK // When we were adopted as children of God, we were not adopted into a private family. God is always looking to love more sons and daughters, so that He may give grace and salvation to more people. As a child of God, it’s your responsibility to search out those in need of a home. Brothers and sisters in Christ should always be looking for more siblings to add to this family. Who can you share the good news of salvation with today?
- PRAY // Because of the Holy Spirit, we are united with God and have complete access to Him through our prayers. Talk to God today like He is one of your closest friends and ask Him to make you more aware of the connection between you and Him that’s been made possible through the Holy Spirit.
Contact Pastor Derrick with questions firstname.lastname@example.org.