Living Word, along with other churches of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, teaches and responds to the love of the Triune God: the Father, creator of all things; the Son – Jesus, who became human and died for all the sins of all people and was raised to life again giving us victory over sin, death, and even Satan; and the Holy Spirit, who dwells in the hearts of believers working faith and showering God’s blessings on us daily. These three persons of the Trinity make up the one God we worship and adore.
Being Lutheran, means that we believe, teach, and live out the teachings of Martin Luther that inspired the reformation of the Christian Church in the 16th century. These teachings can be summarized in four parts: Grace alone, Faith alone, Christ alone, and Scripture alone.
Grace alone – God loves the people of the world, even though we are sinful, rebel against Him, and do not deserve His love. He sent Jesus, His Son, to love us even though we were unlovable. Grace is God giving us the good things we do not deserve. We are saved by God’s Grace alone.
Faith alone – Jesus’ suffering and death was for all people of all time. He purchased and won forgiveness and eternal life for us. All who hear this Good News and believe it have the eternal life that it offers. We are saved for an eternity with God in heaven through Faith alone.
Christ alone – Jesus is God’s Son. He was sent into the world to pay the penalty of all our sins. He was obedient in his purpose. This is why our salvation comes from none other than Christ alone.
Scripture alone – The Bible is God’s true and unchanging Word. Through this Word, He reveals His Law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. There is no other standard by which we measure truth in our lives. It is in Scripture alone that we find the living word of God.
- LCMS Belief & Practice – Follow this link to the LCMS website where you’ll find information about the basic beliefs and practices of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
- FAQs – If you’ve got a question about the Lutheran church then you’re probably not alone. This link will direct you to the LCMS frequently asked questions page. If you’re question isn’t here, email Pastor Derrick.
- Concordia Publishing House – Whether you’re looking for a devotion book or a new bible, CPH is the place to look. CPH is the publishing arm of the LCMS.
- Lutheran Hour Ministries – From devotions to mission and outreach ideas, Lutheran Hour Ministries has a wealth of resources. Check them out!
- BibleGateway – Want to know what the bible says about a specific topic? Looking for a specific bible verse? Then look no further! Bible Gateway is a free online bible search program.